Flash Gordon 4k Blu-ray Giveaway!
Giveaway is now closed
To celebrate the launch of the new Flash Gordon pop art collection, Art & Hue is offering the chance for THREE lucky people in the UK to win a Blu-ray of the new 4k restoration of classic sci-fi film “Flash Gordon”, courtesy of STUDIOCANAL!
2020 marks 40 years of the classic film!
Three winners will be picked at random from the mailing list at 10pm on the 22nd of July 2020 to receive the new Blu-ray! (Existing UK mailing-list subscribers will be entered automatically).
Giveaway is now closed
You can still sign up to the mailing list for launch news, offers, and entry for any future giveaways:
Flash Gordon 40th Anniversary 4k restoration
For the new 40th Anniversary 4k restoration, available to pre-order at Amazon and iTunes, Flash Gordon was scanned from the original 35mm negative to produce 4K files and over 500 hours of manual restoration took place. This restoration was approved by Director Mike Hodges in May 2020, and will include the first 4K HDR Dolby Vision master of Flash Gordon.
In April 2020, director Mike Hodges said “I’m very grateful to STUDIOCANAL for this brilliant 4k restoration. The restoration captures perfectly the vivid colours of the sets, skies and costumes. It also corrects some of the problems encountered with the special effects system we used.”
The new 4k Blu-ray is packed with extras & goodies:
● The main feature (1 hr 47)
● New Lost in Space: Nic Roeg’s Flash Gordon ( also iTunes extra)
● Audio commentary with Mike Hodges
● Audio commentary with Brian Blessed
● Behind the scenes of Flash Gordon
● Stills gallery (also iTunes extra)
● Storyboards gallery (also iTunes extra)
● Original theatrical trailer
￼● Interview with Mike Hodges
● Episode 24 of Flash Gordon (1979-1982): The Survival Game / Gremlin’s Finest Hour
● Sam Jones’s acting start
● Entertainment Earth on Flash Gordon merchandise
● Bob Lindenmayer discusses deleted scenes and original endings
● 35th Anniversary Greenroom
● 35th Anniversary reunion featurette
● Renato Casaro extended interview
● Brian Blessed anecdotes
● Melody’s musings
● On the soundtrack (Brian May & Howard Blake)
● Easter Eggs
Flash Gordon 40th Anniversary Collector’s Edition
For those wanting to go the whole hog, there’s also a 40th Anniversary Collector’s Edition with even more extras (this isn’t part of the Art & Hue giveaway but can be pre-ordered online here):
● The UHD and 2 Blu-ray discs
● Bonus Blu-Ray Disc of LIFE AFTER FLASH, the 2017 feature documentary celebrating the film and it’s star, directed by Lisa Downs
● Original soundtrack by Queen & Howard Blake
● 32 page booklet
● 16 page Titan mini book (The Story of Flash Gordon)
● Reproduced booklet of the first strip of original comic books
● Poster of original artwork
● 4 artcards of various incarnations of Flash film posters across the years
● 1 sew on ‘Flash patch’
Art & Hue is not responsible for the policies or content of any third-party sites. As an Amazon Associate, Art & Hue may earn from qualifying purchases & Amazon will place a cookie on your device to track purchases on their site.
Flash Gordon 4K at Amazon
Art & Hue is not responsible for the policies or content of any third-party sites. As an Apple affiliate, Art & Hue may earn from qualifying purchases & Apple will place a cookie on your device to track purchases on their site.